One of the area’s most treasured holiday events is the Brandywine River Museum’s “A Brandywine Christmas.” Running from Nov. 29 through Jan. 5, it is a fun-filled holiday event that the entire family can enjoy.
- Discover dozens of rare antique dolls, dressed in beautiful period clothing, some on view in rooms filled with exquisite hand-crafted furnishings and miniature paintings by members of the Wyeth family.
- Experience the extensive O-gauge model train display, one of the largest modular layouts in the country, with five trains running simultaneously on nearly 2,000 feet of track through a landscape inspired by southeastern Pennsylvania. (Click here to see the trains being set up.)
- Marvel at thousands of whimsical Critters, ornaments and decorations handcrafted from natural materials by Conservancy volunteers and displayed on towering trees soaring up through the museum’s three-story rotunda.
- Bring a doll or stuffed animal and enjoy a cookie!- Children who bring their favorite “friend” to the museum for their visit will receive a free cookie in our museum restaurant.
For more information on “A Brandywine Christmas” visit www.brandywinemuseum.org.
- The Brandywine River Museum Presents A Brandywine Christmas (kimberleyvassalinsurance.wordpress.com)
- My Visit to The Brandywine River Museum (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- The Brandywine River Museum Hosts Its Month-Long Christmas Celebration In Chester County, November 29-January 5 (uwishunu.com)