With today being Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, I wanted to share some of MLK’s most memorable quotes. King was born January 15, 1929, he would have turned 85 this month. His life on earth has effected many americans throughout history and his legacy lives on. Below are some memorable quotes by Dr. King, happy MLK Day!
- “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
- “We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.”
- “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
- “An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.”
- “The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.”
- “In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”