Millions of Americans will be traveling throughout the Thanksgiving holiday. According to AAA projections, nearly 39 million people will be hitting the road making for a very busy holiday travel weekend. Below are some safety tips to keep in mind incase you are venturing out during Thanksgiving. For a free Pennsylvania auto insurance quote visit our website today, http://www.kimberleyvassal.com.
- Make sure your vehicle is in good working order: Check tires’ tread depth and air pressure; check the vehicle’s fluids, exhaust system and other mechanical equipment. If traveling in cold conditions, make sure added precautions are taken for the cold weather.
- Make sure to plan your route of travel: Communicate your plans with your family in case you are involved in a crash or experience mechanical problems with your vehicle. Charge your cell phone before you leave in order to make important calls if needed.
- Buckle up, slow down, don’t drive impaired: If you plan on drinking, designate a driver who won’t drink.
- Avoid Distraction: According to NHTSA data from 2012, 10 percent of fatal crashes and 18 percent of injury crashes were distraction-related. Distracted driving can be anything that pulls your attention away from driving, including cell phone use, texting while driving, eating, drinking, and using in-vehicle technologies and portable electronic devices.
- Be well rested and alert.
- Use caution in work zones.
- AAA Warns About Latest Trend In Distracted Driving (baltimore.cbslocal.com)
- Thanksgiving cooking and travel tips (wane.com)
- Nearly 40 Million Travelers Will Hit The Road This Thanksgiving — Is Your Car Up To The Task? (forbes.com)