Buying life insurance rarely makes the top 10 on our to-do lists and we have plenty of excuses as to why. Here are top reasons people push it off, and why that might not be the best idea:
- “I’m covered through work.” Employer-sponsored life insurance is a great benefit to have. But work benefits are usually limited. What’s more, they don’t automatically go with you if you change or lose a job.
- “I’m healthy.” The fact is, the best time to buy life insurance is when you’re in good health. The younger you are and the healthier you are, the better your rates will be.
- “I’m not insurable.” Most of us are never as healthy as we want to be. But you might be surprised to find out that you are, in fact, insurable, regardless of age or health. It’s worth it just to ask.
- “It’s too expensive.” There are many types of life insurance available, and there’s usually something that will fit in everyone’s budget. Once you break it down, life insurance is basically a dollars-a-day expense.
- “I’m single and don’t have children.” Not being married or having little ones around now doesn’t mean there aren’t other plans in store for you in the future. Plus, if you are in your 20s or 30s and have debts such as a car and a home, it’s good to get insured now while the cost is the most reasonable.
For more information on the importance of Life Insurance contact a Kimberley Vassal Insurance agent today, 800.511.9377. Also, visit our website for a free insurance quote, http://www.kimberleyvassal.com.