With Halloween quickly approaching I wanted to share some important safety tips to keep in mind to ensure your trick-or-treaters have a a fun and safe time. Below our 8 Halloween safety tips, for more information and a free Pennsylvania insurance quote visit our website http://www.kimberleyvassal.com.
- Avoid trick-or-treating alone. Walk in groups or with a trusted adult.
- Hold a flashlight while trick-or-treating to help you see and others see you. Always WALK and don’t run from house to house.
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Use established crosswalks wherever possible.
- Only walk on sidewalks whenever possible, or on the far edge of the road facing traffic to stay safe.
- Wear well-fitting masks, costumes, and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips, and falls.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid eating homemade treats made by strangers.
- Enter homes only if you’re with a trusted adult. Only visit well-lit houses. Don’t stop at dark houses. Never accept rides from strangers.
- Teach children how to call 9-1-1 (or their local emergency number) if they have an emergency or become lost.
- Halloween Safety (grandjunctionpolicedepartment.com)
- Halloween Ideas for the Budget-Minded Mom (prweb.com)
- Halloween Trick or Treating Safety Tips (meritline.com)