With the official start of summer just days away (Friday, June 21) I thought it would be appropriate to share some pool safety tips to keep in mind throughout the rest of the summer. Below our 8 important pool safety tips to familiarize yourself with to keep you and your loved ones safe this summer. For more information on pool safety visit www.poolsafely.gov and for a free homeowners insurance quote visit our website today http://www.kimberleyvassal.com.
- Always watch your children when they are in or near a pool or spa.
- Teach children basic water safety tips.
- Learn to perform CPR on children and adults, and update those skills regularly.
- Understand the basics of life-saving so that you can assist in a pool emergency.
- Install a four-foot or taller fence around the pool and spa and use self-closing and self-latching gates; ask your neighbors to do the same at their pools.
- Install and use a lockable safety cover on your spa.
- Take toys out of the pool when not in use.
- Enforce safety rules.