April is Stress Awareness Month! Did you know that not all stress is bad? Small amounts of stress that everyone experiences is a good thing, as stress can energize and motivate you. However, prolonged or excessive stress can have negative physical and psychological consequences, including depression, anxiety, and poor immune function. Below are a few healthy tips to help alleviate stress. Also, keep in mind that stress can lead to other serious health complications, it is important to have proper health insurance. For a free Pennsylvania Health Insurance quote contact a Kimberley Vassal Insurance Agent today!
- Stay physically active. Physical activity provides both immediate and long-term stress relief.
- Eat nutritious foods. Eat at least 2 servings of fruit and 3 servings of vegetables a day.
- Get adequate sleep. Ensure you get the suggested 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
- Limit caffeine intake. Caffeine can stay in your system for up to 10 hours and interfere with sleep. Rethink that caffeinated drink later in the day.
- Connect with support systems. Take a break and talk with a supportive friend or family member.
- Use effective time management strategies. Managing your time effectively can minimize stress and improve sleep and overall health.
- April Is Stress Awareness Month–Anger Relief And Forgiveness Resources Available (prweb.com)
- Don’t Let Stress Take Over You; Try These Ideas (ant1wasp.wordpress.com)
- Practical Strategies For Managing Stress (prestonplacecounseling.com)