Whether you’re maintaining your home or your car, a few easy preventative steps can keep your home in tip-top shape, and your car in proper condition. By following these simple steps, you can reduce your chances of car and home trouble, and save yourself time, hassle and money. Want another way to save those things? By covering your home and car both through a combined policy, you’ll pay less, and have the peace of mind of having just one insurance Agent to turn to incase of emergencies. Contact a Kimberley Vassal Insurance agent today for a free Pennsylvania insurance quote!
- Clean up any water spills immediately to prevent mold growth. Exhaust fans can help draw out excess moisture as well.
- Even if you think you live in a safe town, lock your doors and windows at night and when you leave. It’s a tiny step that can keep you safe just in case someone with sticky fingers slides into town.
- Only you can prevent house fires. All right, it’s not exactly how the saying goes, but by making sure that your smoke alarms are in working order, and that you have fire extinguishers strategically located, you can greatly reduce your chance of serious house fires.
- Change your oil regularly. Oil keeps your engine lubricated, reduces friction and reduces nasty sludge from building up in your engine. Regular oil changes can keep your car running better for longer.
- Replace your windshield wipers every six months. If you see streaks on your windshield or hear strange squeaking sounds, it’s time for a new set of windshield wipers. A new set of wipers can significantly improve your vision during bad weather, which might make all the difference in the world.
- Rotate your tires. Your front and rear tires wear differently, and rotating them can help increase their lifespan and prevent blowouts. Every car is different, but many tire manufacturers recommend rotating your tires every 6,000-8,000 miles.