If you’re in the Chadds Ford area today head over to The John Chads House for the seventh annual Presidents’ Day celebration. Admission to the John Chads House is $5 for adults; members of the Chadds Ford Historical Society and children 12 and under are free. There will also be many exhibits and hands-on activities for ages 2 to adults over at the Barns Visitors Center, free of charge. Refreshments included. Below is a description of the events expected to happen at The John Chads House today:
Listen to costumed interpreters as they tell the story when General Washington positioned his soldiers on the hillside next to the Chads House in 1777 while a nervous widow, Elizabeth Chads hid her silver spoons in her pocket.
Enjoy touring this stone mansion that survived almost 300 years and learn about its fascinating history. Don’t miss the opportunity to see bread baking in the beehive oven in the cellar kitchen. Visitors can walk along the scenic one-mile River Trail from the Chads House to the Brandywine River Museum.
For more information on the event visit www.chaddsfordhistory.org or click here!
- Paint-Out Chadds Ford Coming February 2nd! (kimberleyvassalinsurance.wordpress.com)
- Local MLK Day Events Scheduled for Today (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- Brandywine River Museum’s Critter Collection (kimberleyvassalinsurance.wordpress.com)
- SaveOnBrew Offers Tips for Buying President’s Day Beers (prweb.com)
- Happy Presidents’ Day from The Kitchn (thekitchn.com)