Even though the weather reports are calling for a beautiful (warmer than average) week across the area, I wanted to still share some important winter driving tips to keep in mind as we ender the “home stretch” of the winter season. Weather there is snow on the ground or not remember to take caution and keep the tips below in mind when driving. For a free Pennsylvania auto insurance quote visit our website today, http://www.kimberleyvassal.com
AAApublicaffairs.com recommends the following winter driving tips:
- Avoid driving while you’re fatigued. Getting the proper amount of rest before taking on winter weather tasks reduces driving risks.
- Never warm up a vehicle in an enclosed area, such as a garage.
- Make certain your tires are properly inflated.
- Never mix radial tires with other tire types.
- Keep your gas tank at least half full to avoid gas line free-up.
- If possible, avoid using your parking brake in cold, rainy and snowy weather.
- Do not use cruise control when driving on any slippery surface (wet, ice, sand).
- Always look and steer where you want to go.
- Use your seat belt every time you get into your vehicle.
- 10 Winter Driving Tips (complex.com)
- Winter weather driving tips (wwlp.com)
- Tires Really Matter When It Comes To Winter Driving (minnesota.cbslocal.com)
- 5 Winter Car Care Tips (allstate.com)