Make sure to start the New Year off right with some awesome Chadds Ford events coming this January!
- Friends Of Rockwood Third Annual Victorian Ball: On Saturday, January 12, 2013 the 3rd Annual Victorian Costume Ball in the Carriage House on the Museum grounds will be held from 8 pm to 11 pm with dance instruction at 7 pm. Last year’s Ball was attended by people from all over the Delaware Valley region. Costumed ladies and gentlemen sporting attire from the Civil War era through the Edwardian danced the night away to authentic period music provided by String Theory Quartet with dance calling and instruction by Tapestry Historic Dance Ensemble. Light refreshments and a cash bar along with a silent auction added to the event. Costfor the evening is $40 per person. Call 302-762-2075 or log onto www.friendsofrockwood.org for additional information. All proceeds benefit the restoration of the Museum Conservatory.
- Orchid Extravaganza at Longwood: From January 13 – March 24, 2013 Escape the cold of winter during Longwood Gardens’ Orchid Extravaganza. Explore a magical world of orchids where thousands of colorful blooms drape from walls, flow from baskets, and form captivating archways in artful displays. For more information visit http://www.longwoodgardens.org or click here.
- A Longwood Holiday Christmas (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- Last Chance To Visit Holiday Attractions: Comcast Holiday Spectacular, Macy’s Christmas Light Show, Longwood Gardens Christmas And More Are Closing For The Season In The Next Few Days (uwishunu.com)
- A Longwood Christmas and Kennett Square (mamanista.com)
- Happy Holidays (karenrexrode.typepad.com)