With the Holiday season upon us, the roadways are sure to be hectic. We wanted to share a couple tips that will help drivers incase of an accident this holiday season. It is very important to be educated because a small fender bender can easily result in a disaster if not properly prepared. Check out the tips below and visit our website for a free Pennsylvania auto insurance quote! We hope everyone has a safe and joyful holiday.
- Get out of the way–: If the accident happened in the middle of the street, move to the shoulder or another safe location to check the extent of damages.
- Check for injuries: Are you okay? Your passengers? The people in the other car? Safety should be your number one priority. If you’re in doubt, call 911.
- Call the police if necessary: If there are injuries, extensive damage, property damage, or you need help moving your cars out of the roadway, call the police. Afterward, make sure you get a copy of their report.
- Exchange insurance information: So you can make a claim, make sure you get the other driver’s name, phone number, address, license plate number, make, model and year of the vehicle, and insurance number. No need to discuss who’s at fault in the accident. The claims investigation will clear that up.
- Document: Take careful note of the scene. If you have a smart phone or camera with you, pictures can be a huge help. If there are witnesses, don’t interview them yourself—just get their name and number.
- Call your Agent: Call us any time, and we’ll get the ball rolling on your claim right away.
- 5 Surprising facts about uninsured motorists | CheapInsurance.com (cheapinsurance.com)
- Are Your Car Insurance Rates to High? (kimberleyvassalinsurance.wordpress.com)
- Watch What Information You Share If You’re In An Auto Accident (debtconsolidationusa.com)