Today is officially Halloween! Hurricane Sandy was unable to scar us hard enough to abounded this fun spooky holiday. From everyone at Kimberley Vassal Insurance, we wanted to say Happy Halloween. I also wanted to remind everyone of some important Halloween safety tips to keep in mind when out with your children trick or treating tonight!
- Walk on sidewalks whenever possible, but be cautious of possible debris, tree branches and wires that may still be on the walkways, sidewalks and roadways.
- Trick or Treat close to your home, on streets that you and your family are familiar with.
- Avoid trick-or-treating alone. Walk in groups or with a trusted adult.
- Bring a flashlight with you and keep it on at all times to help you see the pathways and walkways better and others that may be out Trick or Treating.
- Always WALK and don’t run from house to house.
- Fasten reflective tape to costumes and bags to help drivers see you.
- Wear well-fitting masks, costumes and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips and falls.
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Use established crosswalks wherever possible.
- Go out early when there is still some daylight and return home early to keep everyone safe.
- Don’t stop at dark houses. Never accept rides from strangers and only enter homes if you are with a trusted adult.
We would also like to remind people who are driving tonight that there will be a large amount of youths who are out Trick or Treating and to use caution when driving and remember have a fun and spooky Halloween night!