Halloween is right around the corner and although it is a fun holiday it is important to keep safety in mind when out trick-or-treating. Below are 10 helpful tips to make sure your kids have a healthy and happy Halloween. To make sure your home is properly insured against possible liabilities this Halloween contact a Kimberley Vassal Insurance agent today, http://www.kimberleyvassal.com
- Have adult supervision. Accompany your kids if you don’t think they’re old enough to trick-or-treat on their own.
- There is safety in numbers. If they’re old enough to trick-or-treat without an adult, tell your kids to stay in a group.
- Map out your plan. Designate a route before your kids begin trick-or-treating, and make sure they stick to it.
- Take the long way ’round. Have your kids trick-or-treat in areas where there are a lot of people around. They should also avoid taking short-cuts through alleys and parking lots.
- Try tick-or-treat-friendly homes. Ensure your kids only visit houses with lights on. And, you might also suggest the houses they visit have some sort of Halloween decoration on the porch.
- Stay outside. Make sure your kids don’t go inside someone’s house. They can get their candy from the porch.
- Remain visible. Dress your kids in a bright costume so others can see them. If their costume is dark, have your kids wear reflective strips or carry a glow stick or flashlight.
- Quality-check treats. Check your kids’ candy before they eat it. Throw out any candy that is not in its original wrapper or looks like it has been tampered with.
- Say “no” to strangers. Tell your kids to never accept a ride or go anywhere with a stranger.
- Obey the law. Encourage your kids to follow all the regular rules for walking around. That includes looking both ways before crossing, obeying all traffic laws and using cross walks and crossing lights where available.
- Clean up your yard. If you’re a homeowner make sure your lawn and walkways are clean and clear to avoid people injuring themselves.
- Sharing the Roadway with Kids on Halloween (prweb.com)
- Staying Connected and Protected This Halloween (mycricket.com)
- Trick-or-Treat: A Halloween Home Security and Safety Guide (simplisafe.com)
- Halloween advice: Make trick-or-treat safe and fun (examiner.com)