We all know how cold it can get here in Pennsylvania during those winter months. With Fall arriving and colder weather already starting to set in, we wanted to remind everyone to start preparing there homes for the upcoming months. A great way to save some extra money is to insulate your home to keep in some of the warmth. Below are a few tips in order to keep your home warm while conserving energy/money during the frigid winter months. For additional tips, check out this post on preparing your house for winter, for a free Pennsylvania homeowners insurance quote visit our website today, http://www.kimberleyvassal.com
- Inspect exterior for crevice cracks and exposed entry points around pipes; seal them.
- Use weatherstripping around doors to prevent cold air from entering the home and caulk windows.
- Replace cracked glass in windows and, if you end up replacing the entire window, prime and paint exposed wood.
- If your home has a basement, consider protecting its window wells by covering them with plastic shields.
- Switch out summer screens with glass replacements from storage. If you have storm windows, install them.