With Labor Day right around the corner, I thought I would give some safety tips to keep in mind that will help protect you and your family/guests from any accidents. It is also a great time of year to review your Homeowners policy, if you have any questions or are looking for a free Pennsylvania Homeowners insurance quote contact a Kimberley Vassal Insurance agent today! http://www.kimberleyvassal.com
- Stay Hydrated: With all the Labor Day activities to participate in, it can be easy to forget to stay hydrated.
- Wear Sunscreen: Just because summer is winding down doesn’t mean that the risk of sunburns is any less. Make sure to load up on sunscreen before leaving the house and pack a couple bottles to take with you to your Labor Day activities.
- Keep Track of Little Ones: Popular Labor Day locations such as parades, beaches and parks can become very crowded and it can be easy to lose track of younger children. Make sure that all adults are aware of who is responsible for watching the kids, designate a meeting spot if anyone gets separated, and implement the buddy system if you are traveling with more than one child.
- Travel with a First Aid Kit: Scraped knees, bee stings, and blisters are common health hazards of Labor Day festivities. Make sure to travel with a fully stocked first aid kit.
- Food Safety: Whether it is in the backyard or on the beach: grilling is a Labor Day food tradition. During all of the celebration and fun, make sure that you pay attention to proper food preparation. Make sure that foods with a dairy base, such as potato salad, are kept cold and that all meats are cooked thoroughly.