Here are 10 of the top stories headlining today’s news, this was originally posted by CNN.com for more information and the full article click here, “10 things you need to know for Friday”
1. SANDUSKY JURORS ASK TO REHEAR TESTIMONY. When jurors resume deliberations at 9 a.m., what Mike McQueary and Dr. Jonathan Dranov said on the witness stand will be the focal point in the child molestation case of the former Penn State assistant football coach.
2. MOODY’S LOWERS CREDIT RATINGS ON BIG BANKS. The ratings agency is concerned if Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase and Goldman Sachs and others are able to repay their debts during times of crisis.
3. KING JAMES GETS HIS RING. NBA finals MVP LeBron James and the Miami Heat beat the Oklahoma City Thunder 121-106, winning the series in five games and giving the Heat their second championship and James his first after nine years in the league.
4. PUBLIC EVENLY SPLIT ON GAY MARRIAGE. An AP poll finds that Obama’s endorsement of gay marriage did little to shift the nation’s views on the subject. The survey also indicates that the president did succeed in firing up his core supporters on social issues.
5. OBAMA POISED TO WOO LATINO LEADERS.The president is basking in the aftermath of his breakthrough directive on illegal immigration and pressing his jobs agenda before Hispanic leaders in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., at 1:40 p.m.
6. A LIFELINE FOR OWN. Oprah Winfrey, the former queen of daytime TV, is trying to resurrect her fledging cable network with a series of big-name interviews for her show, “Oprah’s Next Chapter.”
7. ONLINE VIDEO BULLYING STIRS PASSION, ANGER. A video of four seventh-grade boys mercilessly taunting a 68-year-old bus monitor in Upstate New York goes viral and turns the victim into an international fundraising juggernaut.
8. WAR GAMES CALLED WARNING TO NORTH KOREA. U.S. and South Korea take part in the allies’ biggest joint live-fire drills since the Korean War.
9. THIS MAN OWNS AN ISLAND. Billionaire Oracle boss Larry Ellison is known for his elaborate and eclectic taste, and you can add owning most of an inhabited Hawaiian island — the state’s sixth-largest — to the list.
10. E-BOOK READERS SLOW TO CATCH ON AT LIBRARIES. That’s in part because they don’t know if libraries loan e-books, according to a new study from the Pew Research Center
- Sandusky jurors request follow-up testimony; to restart deliberations Friday (cbssports.com)
- NBA Finals 2012 MVP: LeBron James Takes Home Coveted Award (bleacherreport.com)
- LeBron James is a Champion (everyjoe.com)