1. Why Santorum hopes tonight’s his night. The former Pennsylvania senator largely bypassed Florida and Nevada to blanket Colorado, Minnesota and Missouri, aiming to stir his conservative base.
2. Here’s some good news if you’re flying coach. Specialists say there’s no proof that flying economy class leads to dangerous blood clots. The real risk? Not getting up and moving.
3. Meet the sharp-eyed helicopter pilot in the habit of finding the lost. On Saturday, John Rachor found the mushroom pickers who went missing in Oregon. And in 2006 he located a family stranded in the same region.
4. California is awaiting a pivotal ruling on same-sex marriage. A federal panel is to rule by 1 pm. on whether a voter-approved measure violates the rights of gay men and lesbians.
5. The chilling details of a father’s attack. Investigators say Josh Powell meticulously planned the murder of the two young boys he attacked with a hatchet before killing himself.
6. The urgency behind Obama’s Alzheimer’s research push. The number of afflicted Americans is expected to more than double by 2050.
7. Why the U.S. Marines will revisit their amphibious roots. As the military’s focus shifts to the Pacific and Iran, the Corps is participating in of the largest assault exercise in more than a decade.
8. How China is deepening connections in the Gulf. The links extend beyond multibillion-dollar oil ventures to building railways and other infrastructure.
9. The boom in apps points to a new career path. The demand fed by smartphones, tablets and Facebook has created 466,000 jobs in the U.S.
10. Univision and Disney are in talks to create a news channel for Latinos in English. The goal: begin before the 2012 elections.
- Josh Powell’s In-Laws: ‘We Knew What He Was Capable Of’ (people.com)
- Josh Powell’s Final Message Released (abcnews.go.com)
- Josh Powell’s in-laws say they ‘Knew’ what he was capable of (bazaardaily.com)