Below are 10 important events/news happening today… So incase you missed them make sure to read below to keep yourself up to date on all the key events. For a free insurance quote visit our website today http://www.kimberleyvassal.com!
1. Court is in session on health care case. The Supreme Court convenes at 10 a.m. and is expected to hear arguments in a case centered on California’s plan to cut Medicaid payments to doctors, hospitals and other medical providers to close the state’s budget gap.
3. Let the Nobels begin. The awarding of the Nobel Prizes begins this week with the announcement of the prize for medicine set to be announced at 5:30 a.m.
4. No rest for Wall Street protestors. After a weekend in which 700 were arrested, demonstrators have at least three rallies and a meeting planned for Monday, including a zombie flash mob in Zuccotti Park where protesters will dress up as zombies.
5. Al-Qaida’s Yemen chiefs can still menace the United States. The killing of an American-born al-Qaida preacher may weaken the Yemen branch’s ability to attack the United States, but the only way to eliminate the threat is to take out its leaders, according to a new report.
6. Verdict is espected in Knox appeal trial. A verdict is expected in the appeals trial of Amanda Knox, convicted in 2009 alongside her ex-boyfriend of killing Knox’s British roommate in a case that has turned the American student into an unwilling celebrity.
7. Getting the skinny on why Americans eat fattening foods. While Americans say they want to eat healthy, most still choose the high-calorie menu items at restaurants instead of the healthier alternatives.
8. Please, Mr. Postman, a letter for me A post office survey shows the average household gets one personal letter about every seven weeks.
9. Many preschoolers’ parents don’t give vaccines a shot An online survey in the journal Pediatrics shows that at least 1 in 10 toddlers and preschoolers lag on vaccines including chickenpox and the measles-mumps-rubella combination shots. SKI
10. Trial of Michael Jackson’s doctor goes into second week Starting at 11:45 a.m. prosecutors continue their examination of the emergency room physician who gave paramedics permission to pronounce the pop superstar dead in the bedroom of his home.
- Amanda Knox Claims Innocence in Final Plea (newsfeed.time.com)
- “I Am Not Who They Say I Am”: Amanda Knox Claims Innocence in a Final Plea to Appeals Court (newsfeed.time.com)
- Al Qaeda’s Yemen Chiefs Still Menace to U.S. (abcnews.go.com)