Even the most experienced drivers can get nervous while driving in the rain, being properly prepared for the wet weather driving conditions can save your life. Below are a few tips and techniques to remember in order to keep you safer.
- Allow more travel time.
- Make sure your car is in good condition, including the tires and windshield wipers.
- Consider safety features such as stability control, traction control and all-wheel drive
- Turn on your headlights; a good rule to follow to turn on your lights whenever you use your wipers.
- Do not try to cross running water.
- After driving through a puddle, tap your brake pedal to help dry your brake rotors.
- Leave a safe following distance between fellow drivers