Summer is a prime time for family and friends to begin traveling but it is important to remember a few things before setting out on your journey. Alongside packing your Travel insurance, here are a few simple preparations that could save you a lot of hassle, time, and money.
- Airport Security: Find out the latest advice from the Department of Transportation.
- Check out any travel risks: The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) provides great advice on your destination and on preparing to go abroad.
- Vaccinations: Your destination may carry a risk of malaria, typhoid, cholera or rabies, so visit the FCO website.
- Valid Passport: Remember, it needs to be valid, in good condition and contain the necessary visas.
- Make Photocopies: Photocopy your passport and insurance policy. Then make notes of 24-hour emergency numbers, together with credit card and ticket details.
- Keep your home safe: Ask neighbours or your local Neighbourhood Watch co-ordinator to keep an eye on your home for you. Lock all windows and doors, garages and sheds before you go and remember to set the burglar alarm if you have one.