Recently Vice President Joe Biden told a meeting of insurance regulators that health care reform can be accomplished without harming the health insurance industry. Mr. Biden also said that proposals to reform health care delivery will not impact insurer ability to compete and earn a profit. Both are debatable topics.
You may ask yourself, What does the White House want?
Vice President Joe Biden told the NAIC the Obama administration would like to see certain basic ground rules established under health care reform, including:
- No discrimination for preexisting conditions.
- No exorbitant out of the pocket expenses, deductibles or co-pays.
- No cost-sharing for preventive care.
- No dropping of coverage for the seriously ill.
- No more lifetime caps on coverage.